What Jesus Said About Himself: “I Am the Door…I am the Good Shepherd”
- Throughout Scripture the People of God are compared to sheep (i.e. Numbers 27:16-17)
- God refers to the King of Israel as Shepherd (2 Samuel 5)
- David worships God as his Shepherd (Psalm 23)
- God promises to be with his people as their Shepherd and at the same time, a King like David will also be their Shepherd (Ezekiel 34)
- Jesus fulfills what God said through Moses, David, Ezekiel and others (John 10)
- Jesus is the Shepherd who cares for the flock of God (John 10:10).
- Jesus is the Shepherd who lays down his life for the people of God. (John 10:11, 17-18)