Another Christmas Season is upon us and SCC is continuing it’s holiday traditions:
- Sundays at Christmastime: Sundays at 10 AM at the OC Lion’s Club building is our weekly worship service. At Christmastime, the subject of our sermons center upon the message of Christmas and our worship music is many of the traditional Christmas Carols and hymns. Classes for children up to age 12 are offered, but children are also welcomed to stay with their parents.
- GBHP#5: Saturday, 12/10 from 5:30pm to 8:00pm is our 5th Annual Gingerbread House Party, which also takes place at the Lion’s Club building in West OC off of Airport Rd. Each year we plan a night for families to come and build gingerbread houses together. We provide all the needed materials, something simple for dinner, and we’ll even clean up afterward! We hope you participate with us in this great holiday tradition.
- Christmas Brunch: After the service on Sunday, 12/18, we will share a meal together. “On What Grounds?” from Berlin will cater the main items, but if you would like to bring something simple as a side dish, there will be a sign-up sheet available the Sunday beforehand. You may also email pastor Kyle.
- Christmas Eve: Saturday, 12/24, our Christmas Eve Family Candlelight Service will be from 430-530pm. We will sing, hear the Scriptures, and reflect on Christ’s coming. Children will stay in the service as we gather as families in the family of God’s church.
- No Service on Christmas Day: We do not hold Sunday services on the last Sunday of the year, which is Christmas Day this year. You’re encouraged to worship as a family, or visit another church.
On Wednesday, August 7th at 5:30 PM, we’ll gather for a baptism service at 38th St in Ocean City. Bring your chairs, picnics, surfboards and arm-floaties, and plan on spending the evening on the beach.
If you would like to be baptized, fill out the contact form below and I (Pastor Kyle) will follow up with you.
It’s not just what you do, it’s how you do it. Use your theology to inform your work and you’ll get more out of it than a paycheck:
From Missional Marketing
This is Part Five of a five-part sermon series through the Old Testament book of Ruth preached on May 12, 2013. This sermon focuses on the character Ruth. Her story demonstrates the providence of God in the lives of ordinary people during times of difficulty. You can listen to the audio of the sermon here. You can also follow along with this basic outline: Ruth – sermon 5 Outline – Ruth.
This is Part Four of a five-part sermon series through the Old Testament book of Ruth preached on May 5, 2013. It is entitled, “Jesus is a better Boaz”. You can listen to the audio of the sermon here. You can also follow along with this basic outline: Ruth – sermon 4 Outline – Boaz.
This is Part Three of a five-part sermon series through the Old Testament book of Ruth preached on April 28, 2013. It is entitled “Forming a Theology of Work”. You can listen to the audio of the sermon here. You can also follow along with this basic outline: The Book of Ruth – Sermon 3 Outline – Theology of Work.
You can go here to read about the new Christian Radio station in Haiti that was put together by Ears to Hear Ministries. What a huge success for this ministry! Many people who have never heard the Gospel now have access to the story of Jesus.
This is Part Two of a five-part sermon series through the Old Testament book of Ruth preached on April 21, 2013. You can listen to the audio of the sermon here. You can also follow along with this outline: The Book of Ruth – Sermon 2 Outline.