Experiencing Wholeness in Jesus in a Broken World
Main Point: The wholeness Jesus brings into our lives is experienced through patience.
James commands us to be patient, then in four ways helps us understand why we should be patient and how Jesus brings it about in our lives:
1) You need to understand that there are times that you can do nothing to change your circumstances (v7).
2) You need to see patience as a heart issue more than a moral duty (v8).
3) Complaining about others impatiently denies God as sovereign Judge (v9)
- Not everyone is as godly as you are, so cut them some slack! (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
4) Steadfast perseverance is the goal of patience, and the product of Jesus working wholeness in our lives (v10-11).
- Romans 12:12 – “Be patient in tribulation”