God’s Faithfulness in our ever-changing lives.
Who hasn’t experienced change?
- God’s faithfulness remains true in spite of change.
- “Be Strong and Courageous” three times. Why? Because change is scary
- In the change, strength and courage are still possible, but, it will require God’s word (v7).
- Main Idea: In moments of change, God remains faithful.
- Change is inevitable and very difficult
- We can set our hope on God who is incapable of change rather than our ever-changing lives (Hebrews 13:8)
So what do we do with this, with Joshua 1, knowing that Jesus never changes?
1) Consider what we are focusing on
Not “if” but “when”
When change comes, we can step back and evaluate what we are focusing on.
If it’s not Jesus, then a shift is necessary.
This doesn’t make change easy, it takes intentionality and perseverance.
2) Shift your focus to Jesus through his Word
We need God’s word daily.
This is why church attendance is important…but not enough.
God’s light can shine certainty in our uncertain circumstances.
- Read God’s word by redeeming your time.
- Establish a routine for reading and interacting with God’s Word.
- Memorize and meditate on God’s Word.
Mike Steinsdoerfer is a regular guest speaker at Shore Community Church. He served as a Pastor overseeing student ministry for 9 years before starting The Hope Company, a coaching and counseling practice in Berlin, MD, along with his wife Chelsea.