This year, we’re doing something a little different for Father’s Day. God has blessed our congregation with FOUR new babies since May 2014, so the first part of the service will be a Child Dedication. Also, few things honor a dad like breakfast foods, so we’re going to have a simple breakfast before the service this Sunday. The service will still start at 10am, but you’re invited to arrive at 9am for breakfast. If you would like to bring something, below you can sign up for the things we still need:
I want to thank everyone for your prayers for Tara, Joshua, and all of us. Your concern for us and celebration with us is a great blessing. I’m overjoyed to be in a church like ours. Tara is recovering well and Joshua is in great health.
As I write this, Becky and Kevin are at the hospital awaiting the arrival of their first child. Please pray for strength and peace for them and for this new baby to be in good health. As soon as I can update you, I will. At this point, I’ve heard that everything is going just fine.
As always, remember pray for one another within the church, for our missionaries in Germany, and for your friends, co-workers, and neighbors.
This past Sunday, Pastor Mike Steinsdoerfer from The Worship Center preached an encouraging and challenging sermon at SCC about responding to uncertainty and anxiety with prayer. I wanted to make sure everyone knew where they could listen to it. You can find it and other sermons in the Archive or go directly to his sermon on Youtube or download the MP3.
Please take the time to pray for Joe’s dad this week. He is in stroke rehabilitation in Philadelphia.
I know of several other needs in our church as well, but I didn’t want to share them here without permission. So as you pray this week, remember one another in prayer. If you want to make everyone aware of something you would like us to pray for, send it to me here. We will pray for it individually, and when we gather to pray on Tuesday night for Shore Life Group.
Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
On Tuesday, September 3rd, at 6:30pm, we’ll begin the Fall session of ShoreLife Groups at SCC. During these 10 weeks, we are working through a study called “The Story“. There are several reasons to do a study like this:
- To help us understand how the story of the Gospel relates to the story of the Bible.
- To help us understand how our story relates to “The Story”.
- To help us become more comfortable with sharing our story.
There is a study guide that needs to be purchased to participate in the study. If you want to download the study guide to your Tablet or laptop, you can buy the PDF file and use it. I am ordering a handful of study guides so you can purchase them on Tuesday.
Also, childcare has been arranged so bring your kiddos if you want to!
Another related resource is The Story app. It’s a free condensed guide of the study.
Send me an email or text at (302) 396-9510 if you have any other questions!
This Sunday evening, October 7th at 6:00 PM we will gather at the Lions Club for our second Church Vision Meeting. We will eat a meal together at 6:00 and around 6:30 we will have a presentation further explaining why we do what we do and how we do it.
Even if you missed the first meeting last month, I encourage you to take part in this month’s meeting. Also, if you have friends who have asked “What kind of church is it” or similar questions, this is an excellent time to invite them to hear more about SCC and meet some of the people.
- Now that it’s September our Small Group Bible Studies are beginning next week. At this point, we have two Small Groups. One group will meet on Tuesday nights, and another group will meet at 6:30pm at the Luckenbaugh’s house in Berlin. The Third group will meet on Thursday nights at 6:00pm at the McDaniel’s house in Berlin. Feel free to email Pastor Kyle with questions or if your schedule only allows a different time.
- Don’t forget about our Church Vision Meeting and meal on Sunday 9/9 from 6-7:00 pm.
- On September 22, from 7-11:00 am we are having a yard sale at the OC Lions Club on Airport Road. If you would like to make donations for the yard sale, email Pastor Kyle, or you can bring your items for donation to the yard sale before 7:00 am.
If you want to know what else is happening at SCC check out the Fall 2012 Calendar.